Monarto Equestrian Centre
In June 1985, the Pony Club Association of South Australia SOUTHERN ZONE purchased the Monarto Equestrian Centre for $48,000 with monies earned from fundraising and the selling of debentures to Pony Club Members.
The property is situated on 85 hectares of undulating wheat and grazing country 69 kms from Adelaide GPO and 13 km from Murray Bridge.
The property consists of a homestead, ablution block, dormitories, common room, reception/ enquiries/ secretarial office, various stabling facilities and storage sheds, an excellent flat area for dressage and showjumping and a first class cross country course.
The homestead, built in the early 1900's, has 7 rooms, comprising a kitchen, pantry room, dining room, first aid room, computing room, all purpose room, laundry and bathroom.
- Dormitory accommodation for up to 80 persons in separate female and male blocks
- Kitchen with gas and electric cooking facilities (fee applies)
- Toilet and shower amenities
- Mains water and rain water
- Float and car parking
- Under cover stables with sawdust floors (fee applies)
- Tie-up yards
- Common Room